US ATM OPERATOR GUIDELINES FOR COVID-19 SAFETY/SPREAD PREVENTION – NAC 2020 ©
Share This Post
In an effort to assist our Members and the U.S. Independent/Retail ATM Industry during the current Coronavirus outbreak, The National ATM Council, Inc. (NAC) has assembled and prepared the following information.
Sincere thanks to Hyosung, Genmega and Triton for their timely and expert assistance in helping NAC assemble/verify this information. Please be on the lookout for additional details directly from your ATM manufacturer, distributor &/or ISO.
NAC hopes you will find this helpful in keeping as safe and secure as possible throughout the current COVID-19 health emergency. NAC HQ remains open and here for YOU during this challenging time. Please don’t hesitate to call &/or email and we will do our best to provide answers for your questions and help with any concerns/issues you may be experiencing. Please stay safe and well! Thank you for allowing NAC to be of service!
ATM Specific Coronavirus Exposure/Spread Mitigation Guidelines:
1. It is important that all ATM businesses have reasonable safety procedures in place, along with written records to prove it.
2. If possible, wear disposable gloves &/or use hand sanitizer for each physical contact with your ATM Terminals/Cash and avoid touching your face.
3. When an ATM is visited for loading, maintenance or repair, the keypad, all buttons, and the outer surfaces of the cash dispenser, receipt dispenser and the other external consumer “touch points” on the terminal should be thoroughly cleaned/disinfected – using the following procedures:
A. Use wet wipes or a disinfectant solution that meet CDC standards to include at least
70% isopropyl alcohol or other strong/proven antiviral disinfectant solution (bleach
works but may harm some plastic parts).
B . DO NOT SPRAY LIQUID ANYWHERE DIRECTLY ONTO THE TERMINAL OR ITS
COMPONENTS. INSTEAD – USE DISPOSABLE DISINFECTANT WET WIPES – OR SPRAY THE DISINFECTANT SOLUTION GENEROUSLY ONTO A PAPER TOWEL/CLOTH AND WIPE.
C. The surfaces should first be wiped down with disinfectant twice:
1) Wiped down and then wiped dry with paper towels (safely disposed of and not reused); and
2) Given another final disinfectant wipe down – to be left wet on the surfaces to air dry.
D. After your final disinfectant application – ALLOW TO AIR DRY – DO NOT WIPE OFF.
E. When wiping – go in one steady direction on each surface (so you’re not re-contaminating surfaces or just moving the germs around – but wiping them off).
4. You may wish to post signage at the ATM indicating the cleaning routine being used to keep the terminal safe and disinfected.
5. Ask your Merchant customers to please make sure to clean/disinfect their countertops and other consumer touchpoints daily (doorknobs/POS terminals/restrooms/etc.) – and ask for them to help by disinfecting the main touchpoints on their/your ATMs as part of their daily cleaning regimen (which should only take a minute or two).
6. REMINDER: It is important to DOCUMENT the safety procedures you are adopting, communications you are sending, steps you are taking to keep your people, Merchants and end users as safe and secure as reasonably possible with respect to your ATMs given the current unique issues and circumstances.
7. Remember to follow CDC guidelines when “on the job”- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, avoid touching your face, and maintain a safe distance from other people (ideally staying 6 feet or more away). Schedule jobs to avoid crowds.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Get updates and learn from the best
More To Explore
US ATM OPERATOR GUIDELINES FOR COVID-19 SAFETY/SPREAD PREVENTION – NAC 2020 © Share This Post Share on facebook Share on linkedin Share on twitter Share
Free lighted sign with for new Customers and receipt paper, Also receive Free ATM Labor included in Maryland and in network areas! Contact us today!